directory-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Mohan <arunm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help with Apache ASN.1 grammar compilation
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:29:22 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,
  Thanks for the response.

  I am having a grammar which defines a SET, some
SEQUENCE's and some other variables which I need as
part of the above structures. My understanding was
that I need to generate the Java code corresponding to
the above ASN.1 syntax (grammar) to actually do any
kind of operations. Could you please correct me if i
am wrong. I was trying to find out options on how I
could compile the same.

Regards,
Arun

--- Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
> > Hi,
> >   I was trying to use the Apache ASN.1 tool to
> work on
> > asn ASN.1 grammar which I am having. However I was
> > running into some issues in trying to understand
> how
> > to generate the Java files which will be
> compatible
> > with my ASN.1 grammar.
> >   I was trying to search for some documentation on
> the
> > same, but without success. Could you please give
> any
> > information on how I could accomplish the
> compilation
> > of my ASN.1 grammar or if there is any
> documentation
> > which lists the procedures for doing it.
>
> I'm afraid that you will be awfully disappointed to
> know that there is
> no documentation about this ASN.1 tool which has not
> been finished so
> far.
>
> A lot of work need to be done on this sub-project to
> make it usable, and
> we may add some kind of warning about it.
>
> We are currently working on a new version, but don't
> expect it to be
> ready soon ... except if you join us to accelerate
> the work !
>
> btw, which kind of ASN.1 grammar are you working on?
>

> regards,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com