directory-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Zillmann <jz8_b...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Ant: Re: [mina] on fly registration of message handlers
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:14:09 GMT

--- Trustin Lee <> schrieb:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> 2005/6/2, Johannes Zillmann <jz8_blue@yahoo.de>:
> >
> > Yes i do use the 0.9 snapshot.
> > In moment its not soo important cause i just
> playing a
> > little bit. However, do you have a approximate
> time
> > frame for the next releases ?
>
>  I expect two months later.
>
> And thanks for the fast reply!
>
>  No problem! :)
>
> Just a last thing.,
> > As i started using mina i had forgotten to add an
> > "codec"-filter.
> > I've gotten the following Exception
> >
> org.apache.mina.handler.UnknownMessageTypeException:
> > No message handler found for message:
> > java.nio.DirectByteBuffer...
>
>  If you didn't put codec filter in the filter chain,
>
> org.apache.mina.common.ByteBuffers should be passed
> to handler. It's strange
> to see java.nio.DirectByteBuffer. Could you give me
> your code if you can
> reproduce it?

Hi Trustin,

well i have a closer look and these exception is
caught at IoHandler's exceptionCaught() method.
You could easily reproduce it with an
DemuxingIoHandler :
public class ADemuxHandler extends DemuxingIoHandler {
    public void exceptionCaught(IoSession session,
Throwable cause)
            throws Exception {
        cause.printStackTrace();
    }
}
and the execution code:
public class Main {
    private static final int PORT = 80;

    public static void main(String[] args) throws
Exception {
        ServiceRegistry registry = new
SimpleServiceRegistry();

        // Bind
        Service service = new Service("hello",
TransportType.SOCKET, PORT);
        registry.bind(service, new ADemuxHandler());

        System.out.println("Listening on port " +
PORT);
        Thread.sleep(1000);
        SocketChannel sc = SocketChannel.open(new
InetSocketAddress(
                "127.0.0.1", PORT));
        sc.write(ByteBuffer.wrap("hello".getBytes()));
        Thread.sleep(2000);
    }
}

However, is it eligible at all that i'm writing
"notes" to the 0.9 code or do you say you don't need
it right now ?

best regards
joh