directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with Apache ASN.1 grammar compilation
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:03:26 GMT
Hi Arun,

> Hi,
>   I was trying to use the Apache ASN.1 tool to work on
> asn ASN.1 grammar which I am having. However I was
> running into some issues in trying to understand how
> to generate the Java files which will be compatible
> with my ASN.1 grammar.
>   I was trying to search for some documentation on the
> same, but without success. Could you please give any
> information on how I could accomplish the compilation
> of my ASN.1 grammar or if there is any documentation
> which lists the procedures for doing it.

I'm afraid that you will be awfully disappointed to know that there is
no documentation about this ASN.1 tool which has not been finished so
far.

A lot of work need to be done on this sub-project to make it usable, and
we may add some kind of warning about it.

We are currently working on a new version, but don't expect it to be
ready soon ... except if you join us to accelerate the work !

btw, which kind of ASN.1 grammar are you working on?

regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny