directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r185062 - /directory/sandbox/trunk/asn1-new-codec/src/java/org/apache/asn1/ldap/pojo/LdapMessagePOJO.java
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:21:28 GMT
> Why put POJO into the name ... this is naturally inferred no?

Well, there is no technical reasons. This may be the consequence of a
chat we had with Alan, where we discussed about objects being created by
an hypothetic ASN.1 compiler, and we were talking of POJOs. So it's
temporary.

> I know
> its a pojo because you're not using Avalon or something and if you did
> then you can name those components.  I usually find I think in an
> inverted way.... otherwise too many things will have POJO at the end of em.

I agree with you. Let's stop this POJO infection :) A java class is a
POJO, no?

> My 2 cents ... don't let me slow your most excellent progress.

It won't ! And refactoring cost only 2 cents, so changing all the POJOs
to something simpler will be done.