Hi,

I’m proposing some changes to the Partition API. The changes include:

Note that these changes won’t be backward compatible, so those who have implemented custom partition would need to fix their code a little bit. But things should become simpler now, you don’t have to implement an interface anymore, you can just extend from the base class.

Any suggestions? Comments? Please let me know if this is ok. I will submit a patch that includes these changes and also the documentations (xdocs). Thanks a lot.

--

Endi S. Dewata