directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Please review integrated API (Was: Integrating I/O layer and Protocol layer)
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 04:23:15 GMT
Hi Trustin,

Been pretty busy, so couldnt review this as yet.

The downcasting bit makes me uncomfortable esp knowing that it can
lead to horrible run time exceptions.  As I was saying, one
possibility is to define a new class called Message, which will have
the Object representation of the message and the raw ByteBuffer as
well.  Generics is of course another possibility and wont cause run
time exceptions.  We can have the Message class defined as class <T>
Message and we can instantiate it with the type of message at run time
(I may be completely wrong over here, havent looked at MINA in detail
before making these suggestions)

Regards,
Vinod.

> Hi,
>
> I checked in the integrated API to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/network/branches/api_integration
>
> Please review the new API and package organization.

--snip--