directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TLS + SASL external and ACLs.
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 12:04:16 GMT
Hi Tony,

On 5/6/05, Tony Blanchard <bltony@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Sorry but I have another question for this thread.
>
> Someone told me that TLS was implemented in mina and I can not see
> where. I just saw the SSL Filter.
> Maybe I have missed something. Could someone tell me how it works briefly ?

TLS *is* implemented in MINA.  Basically with the new SSLEngine from
Java 5, its possible to have both TLS and SSL.  If you look at the
test cases for SSLFilter/SSLHandler, they use BogusSSLContextFactory
for getting an object of the SSLContext.  If you see the source for
BogusSSLContextFactory, the PROTOCOL is mentioned as TLS.  So
actually, its using TLS right now.

Regards,
Vinod.

PS: TLS 1.0 is also commonly (though semantically incorrectly)
referred to as SSL 3.0