directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TLS + SASL external and ACLs.
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 10:17:10 GMT
Hi Tony,

On 5/4/05, Tony Blanchard <bltony@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am actually interested in using apacheDS with the features of TLS
> +SASL External and maybe ACLs.
> As I looked to Jira, I did not find any issues on this in mina or direve.
> Could someone tell me if there is someone working on it or planning to
> do so ?

MINA does support TLS/SSL currently.  SASL support is currently not
there, but I'm, planning to implement SASL using the DIGEST-MD5
mechanism as a MINA filter soon.  Other mechanisms would also follow.
I think I'll get around to this next week.

> If someone is working on it, where could I find some documents on the
> design for those futur functionnalities ?
> If there is nobody working on it, maybe would I participate to it but I
> can not figure how as I am new to open source...
> Should I create some issues in Jira and affect them to me ? How to
> debate on some design strategy or some integration needs with all the
> developpers ?

Trustin / Alex would be able to shed more light on this.  But as a
starting point i'd suggest that you go thru the mina docs.

Regards,
Vinod.