directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Burmester <...@plushpix.com>
Subject [mina] More complicated example
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 15:46:34 GMT
Hi, I have read through the mina source and understand the simple examples
I also basically understand creation of a more complex protocol.

I am wondering how one would create something like protocol router
where a java process listens on two sets of ports and once connections are
established, it can route protocol packets between the two sides of the
server process.

I was originally going to use nio and a single selector thread to do all
the work because the protocol is lightweight and I would avoid thread
synchronization issues.

I came across mina and I like the idea of using an extensible framework.
It appears that if I use mina I will end up with a worker thread per
listen port in mina and I'm wondering how I can coordinate traffic between
them without performance issues.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex.