directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Rhodes" <ryanshaerho...@hotmail.com>
Subject [MINA] Where do i store a Principal?
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 18:55:34 GMT
Hello All

I posted a lot of questions to the Netty list and Trustin was always very
helpful.  Iím really excited about the directions mina is taking.

I extended the reverser example into a simple chat server.  This is just
like echo server except all incoming input is echo to all connections.  I do
this by maintaining a list of IoSession in the protocol handler.

First question:  Does Mina already have some internal list of IoSession that
I can use to loop through for output?  Is my list redundant?

Second question:  Whats the best approach to adding authentication to a mina
application?

Is there any examples in apache directory that I can look at for integrating
principals with mina?  I found an LdapPrincipal, but I could not find where
the authentication logic happens relative to Mina.

Should this be a part of my protocol handler or have others separated this
into a filter?

In the Servlet model, you get the user from the HttpServletRequest with
getUserPrincipal().  I think this might just be a wrapper for an underlying
request attribute.

In Mina, should Principal be stored as an attribute on the low level
IoSession or is their a better place?

Thanks for any help,

Ryan Rhodes