directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] c# client
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 07:55:32 GMT
Hi Martin,

2005/5/23, Martin J. Wells <marty@dot.net.au>:

> I'm looking to implement a c# client for a MINA server and was wondering
> where I can find some info on the message protocol used. I.e.. how are
> message lengths interpreted, is there a magic number header, etc. Can't
> seem
> to locate much in the source... Am I missing something?

 MINA itself doesn't implement any protocols. It simply helps you to
implement your or any others' protocols. If any protocol specification is
not defined, you'll have to define some first, and then implement the server
to conform to that specifiation, and MINA will help you implementing it.
So.. if you're implementing C# client for a server which is made on top of
MINA, actually it dosn't matter whether the server is implemented using MINA
or any other frameworks.
 Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/