directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA] Where do i store a Principal?
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 05:10:27 GMT
Hell Ryan,

2005/5/17, Ryan Rhodes <ryanshaerhodes@hotmail.com>:
> Hello All
>
> I posted a lot of questions to the Netty list and Trustin was always very
> helpful.  I'm really excited about the directions mina is taking.

It is good to see you again. :)

> I extended the reverser example into a simple chat server.  This is just
> like echo server except all incoming input is echo to all connections.  I do
> this by maintaining a list of IoSession in the protocol handler.
>
> First question:  Does Mina already have some internal list of IoSession that
> I can use to loop through for output?  Is my list redundant?

No MINA doesn't manager list of sessions for now.  I'll add JIRA
issues for that.

> Second question:  Whats the best approach to adding authentication to a mina
> application?

You can implement it via filters or via handlers.  It is up to you.
People often use filters when some functionality is considered
reusable.

> Is there any examples in apache directory that I can look at for integrating
> principals with mina?  I found an LdapPrincipal, but I could not find where
> the authentication logic happens relative to Mina.

AFAIK, LdapPricipal and other stuffs are stored in ThreadLocal not in
MINA session attribute map.  It is because ApacheDS can run without
MINA (embeded only mode).  We could let ApacheDS store its session
data into MINA session attribute map using in-VM pipe.  WDYT, Alex?

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/