directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Integrating I/O layer and Protocol layer
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 07:17:26 GMT
Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your fast feedback, I created a branch called
'api_integration'.  I'll let you know when it is ready.

2005/5/9, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p@gmail.com>:
<snip/>
> > 2. Acceptors and Connectors fire messageReceived and messageSent event
> > whose messages are ByteBuffers; users will have to downcast them to
> > ByteBuffers.
>
> All the attributes of the "Session" would still be completely configurable?

Yes of course.

> > This change removes distinction between I/O layer and Protocol layer,
> > and therefore brings us more unified API though users of I/O layer
> > only will have to downcast message objects to ByteBuffers, but I think
> > it doesn't matter actually.
>
> I'd actually prefer a bit more flexibility here.  Let me think on this
> a little bit.  Downcasting if u wanna do raw I/O is not really
> desirable.

Yeah downcasting is error prone.  But we did downcasting when we
implement ProtocolHandlers, too.  I'm looking forward to your
solution. :)

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/