directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jesper Söderlund <Jesper.Soderl...@smarttrust.com>
Subject RE: ASN.1 tools (snicker?) question...
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 16:29:17 GMT
OK, I tried to find a download at the directory site but I must not have been looking too closly.

We will specify a very simple ASN.1 interface for receving GSM-network data into our platform.

Today we have a hand coded BER decoder. I would like to have a real compiler + codec when
we're now looking at enhancing this functionality and of course not pay an arm and leg for
it.

Right now our interface is just

DEFINITIONS
      IMPLICIT TAGS ::=
BEGIN
Event ::= [PRIVATE 0] SEQUENCE
{
 msisdn     [0] MSISDN,
 imsi       [1] IMSI,
 imei       [2] IMEI,
}
MSISDN ::= TBCD-STRING (SIZE( (1..10) )
IMSI ::= TBCD-STRING (SIZE (3..8))
IMEI ::= TBCD_STRING (SIZE (8))
TBCD-STRING ::= OCTET STRING
END

But I'm looking at enhanching it to be more "open ended" and allow arbitrary parameters and
some other simple stuff.

My feeling is that it there is anything at all it will be enough for our simple needs.

/Jesper