directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: trying to launch with custom schema
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 17:03:03 GMT
Dan Armbrust wrote:

> Hmm, it appears that the null pointer is happening when it tries to
> load the "system" schema - and makes the assumption that it will
> always exist.

Yes it must always exist as is without being touched.

> When I define a server.schemas line in the properties file, it must
> override all the default schama definition, rather than append to it?

Take a look at the example server.properties file in the
apacheds/trunk/main and look at how the project.properties are used to
configure schemas.

> Where can I find the list of all of the default schemas that I need to
> put on the line?  I'm going to add the ones that are listed in the
> example on the jndi properties page, but I'm not sure if that is all
> of them.

So you only had your schema and it barfed I guess.  You should have at
least the default schemas that are loaded normally but might not need em
all obviously.  Here's the list ...

    *protected* *static* *final* String[] DEFAULT_SCHEMAS = *new* String[]
    {
        *"org.apache.ldap.server.schema.bootstrap.CoreSchema"*,
        *"org.apache.ldap.server.schema.bootstrap.CosineSchema"*,
        *"org.apache.ldap.server.schema.bootstrap.ApacheSchema"*,
        *"org.apache.ldap.server.schema.bootstrap.InetorgpersonSchema"*,
        *"org.apache.ldap.server.schema.bootstrap.JavaSchema"*,
        *"org.apache.ldap.server.schema.bootstrap.SystemSchema"*
    };

You obviously don't need InetorgpersonSchema but why not :).

Just add this list to the server.schemas env property making sure your
schema is appended to it.

Good luck,
Alex