directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing my embedded server
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 12:30:58 GMT
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

>Is there a very large LDIF file that I can load into my directory to
>perform some performance tests with?

FYI there is a tool called MakeLDIF shipped with Sun Directory Server
that is quite handy and that works based on a template system and a
couple of dictionnaries.

I also recently bumped into slamd by accident (it is opensource from
Sun) and did not test it before.
http://www.slamd.com/
It was on my todo list but people but I'd be interested by some feedback.

And I was also thinking of doing a similar makeldif system but made
using Velocity or StringTemplate. It would be a bit better and is
certainly of interested to Directory project (at least that's my opinion)

Stephane