directory-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Armbrust <>
Subject trying to load custom-schema data...
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 17:36:56 GMT
I'm trying to load up the Apache LDAP server for the first time, and to
complicate things, my data adheres to a custom schema.

I have not loaded the schema into the Apache server yet so, when I try
to load my data, I get errors like this:

javax.naming.NamingException: OID for name 'codingScheme' was not found
within the OID registry at

and then errors like this:

javax.naming.InvalidNameException: codingScheme=Automobiles,
dc=CodingSchemes: [LDAP: error code 34 - failed to add entry
codingScheme=Automobiles, dc=CodingSchemes,dc=lexgrid,dc=org:
org.apache.ldap.common.exception.LdapInvalidNameException: Parser
failure on name:
Antlr exception trace:
line 9:25: unexpected token: ,

I presume this is because I haven't loaded my schemas.  Am I on the
right track here?

I found this documentation:

and I'm going to try to go through that process now.  Please let me know
if I'm on the wrong track entirely.

View raw message