directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding 0.9 Problems
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 15:13:10 GMT
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm trying to wrap your server as an mbean for deployment in jBoss.
>
>I've been unable to use apacheds-main-0.9.jar as some of it's embedded
>classes cause classpath and deployment issues with other mbeans so I have
>decided to use apacheds-core-0.9.jar with a full set of its dependant JARs.
>
>When I start the server using the following code I get the attached
>ClassCastException.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas on what may be wrong?  It's likely to be a
>problem with classpath and/or JAR file combination but just can't spot
>it...

Can you clarify your deployment structure ?

I smell the dreaded jboss unified class loader issue, so it might be
time to actually to look at isolating applications and disable the java2
delegation model.
As the server is also stuffing your parent classloader with a whole lot
of third parties it is based on, you certainly inherit some libs that do
not help in having a clean environment.