directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [MINA] Where do i store a Principal?
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 14:56:21 GMT
Trustin Lee wrote:

>AFAIK, LdapPricipal and other stuffs are stored in ThreadLocal not in
>MINA session attribute map.  It is because ApacheDS can run without
>MINA (embeded only mode).  We could let ApacheDS store its session
>data into MINA session attribute map using in-VM pipe.  WDYT, Alex?

Don't have enough data cached at the moment on both MINA and ApacheDS to
comment in depth.  However you do make a good point about needing the
identity even when MINA is not being used ... in embedded mode where
there is no LDAP access.  So I think we might want to leave it as is or
find a neat way to bridge this part of the session info with that in MINA.

However as you said above (sorry may have snipped) where you manage your
principal is really application dependent.  The best that can be done is
to give the user the options as you did.

Cheers,
Alex