directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Boreham <da...@bozemanpass.com>
Subject Re: [mina] SASL support
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 13:33:31 GMT

>1 - support different mechanisms such as EXTERNAL, DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI,
>KERBEROS etc.
>2 - provide encryption support as desired by each mechanism
>3 - provide facility to negotiate an optional security layer after
>authentication is done
>4 - parse the application protocol so it can get the SASL payload
>5 - support/decline multiple authentications per session depending on
>the application protocol in use

I don't quite know where you're going with this, but it seems clear that you
haven't implemented this before (I have, BTW).

Anyway, I don't care one way or the other what you do because
right now I have no need for any SASL support in Apache DS.

All I've been trying to say in this thread is that the assertion that
a filter is not required in order to implement SASL is false (at least
in the case that support for encryption is required).