directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [release] Site overhaul can wait until right after release
Date Sat, 07 May 2005 01:59:27 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I have cleaned up much of the site minus some issues in Kerberos
> projects and Authx.  Enrique wrote out a few one pagers for the
> various protocol providers and we intended to totally redo the
> navigation to fix site docs.  I'm thinking after some emails and
> requests I've been getting from people that we release right after
> cleaning up Kerberos and Authx.
>
> I will work exclusively on getting a tar ball out for people to look
> at today.  I would like to kick off a vote to release ApacheDS 0.9 at
> the end of the day.  It's about time.

I take this back.  I finished all the integration and the new menus.
Take a look here at the staging area.  It will take 4 hours for this to
deploy over to ajax and be live on the main site:

http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/rsynced-sites/directory/

Meaning I already published it.  You will notice there are multiple ways
to get to the same page via the menu.  For example under the "protocols"
catagory menu all protocol providers are listed.  In particular you can
get to the same page on the Ldap provider from the "LDAP" category.

Note the goal to having a "protocols" collapsable category menu was to
keep the menu small.  However I realized its best if we do both: that is
have the protocols submenu and list each protocol in the main menu.
This way search engines can find things better and we can attract more
people to the site.

Ok now I'm off to freeze a few snapshots deps, tag, and bump.

Cheers,
Alex