directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [SPAM] svn commit: r168500 - /directory/sitedocs/trunk/xdocs/subprojects/protocol-providers.xml /directory/sitedocs/trunk/xdocs/subprojects/providers.xml
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 21:42:47 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Regarding this commit, I'm curious what "correcting some language"
> refers to.  Unfortunately, it's really hard to tell with the commit
> combining corrections and formatting changes.

Yah my bad.  I remember warning others of doing this and now I am doing
it.  Sorry I have low energy and I'm trying to do this as fast as
possible to get things out the door.  BTW consequently I did after all
start the menu modifications after I said I would not.  So don't worry
about it.

To get to your question the "language modifications" were made to make
it sound less like every protocol provider is a separately released
project.  It may become that but I want people to understand these
providers are plugins and part of ApacheDS.  We do not want to become a
jakarta with a million different projects.  In the future though I can
see projects breaking off but not at this stage when the community is so
small.

> I made an educated guess at some of the RFC's and features covered
> regarding the LDAP protocol, so I was wondering if that's what you
> updated.

Yeah pretty close.  The language mods were minor really.

> I apologize for the tab-formatting and DOS line-endings.  I am using
> an XML plug-in in Eclipse and hadn't realized how much munging it was
> doing.

No worries.  No one explicitly stated we have to use UNIX line endings.
It just helps that we all use one format for that and indentation so
we're not chewing up svn.

BTW is it mavenide that is introducing the DOS?

Thanks,
-Alex