directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Blanchard <>
Subject Re: [mina] SASL support
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 08:45:55 GMT

David Boreham a écrit :

> Tony Blanchard wrote:
>> If I do no make mistakes, I think there is three layer for SASL
>> (EXTERNAL is the only one i have looked for) implementation.
>> 1- Server layer to tell the client what mechanisms it handles and to
>> provide some checkings regarding policy versus client asked mechanism.
>> 2- Mina layer to give TLS support and to give some acces to the
>> principal created and returned for this transport layer.
>> 3- LDAP protocol to engage the handshaking.LDAP v3 RFC 2251contains
>> some asn1 rules about request and response formats for sasl mechanisms .
>> Am I wrong ?
> Nope.
> You also need stuff in the server to implement supportedSaslMechanisms
> in the root dse.
It was what I meant by saying "Server layer to tell the client what
mechanisms it handles".
As Vinod said he can not work on it for the moment, maybe can I help him
to model some classes to handle SASL. This is just a question of time...
I need to discover the model used in asn1 and in the server projects to
figure out a solution.

I will come back on this later.
Tony Blanchard

View raw message