directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Blanchard <blt...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: [mina] SASL support
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 18:06:35 GMT
If I do no make mistakes, I think there is three layer for SASL
(EXTERNAL is the only one i have looked for) implementation.

1- Server layer to tell the client what mechanisms it handles and to
provide some checkings regarding policy versus client asked mechanism.
2- Mina layer to give TLS support and to give some acces to the
principal created and returned for this transport layer.
3- LDAP protocol to engage the handshaking.LDAP v3 RFC 2251contains some
asn1 rules about request and response formats for sasl mechanisms .

Am I wrong ?
Tony Blanchard