directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Restructuring Partition API
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 03:33:44 GMT
First off Marc please take the time to read about netiquette?  You just
keep appending to emails.

Marc Boorshtein wrote:

>I've got a novel idea.  What about eliminating
>partitions?  Partitions as they are known now would
>break down into 2 pieces:
>
>1.  Implementations as interceptors
>2.  Backends would become "place holders"
>
>This would allow you to do things like have a local
>datastore for add/modify/delete/rename/get, but use an
>jndi adapter for binds.

I have no idea why this would be beneficial to a directory.   It also
sounds as though your missing something or messing up the terminology.
Perhaps you can elaborate or go into reasons why one might want to do
this.  Sounds to me like you have a specific use case for ApacheDS in
mind.  Perhaps talking about this might clarify.

Thanks,
-Alex