directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: BUG: Apache DS does not work on Windows XP (most likely other forms of windows too)
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 13:54:28 GMT
Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> the odd thing is that it runs perfectly on fedora core
> 3 running on vmware on the same box....though vmware
> has it's own networking layer.

The next question is one of firewalls.  I know Linux tends to block most
ports even from localhost.  If you are using XP's internal firewall you
shouldn't have much to worry about as it lets all traffic on localhost
(incoming and outgoing) through.  If you have a stricter firewall then
it is likely you are facing some issues with needing to poke a hole to
allow the tests to run.

Ideally we can get the unit tests to run without making socket
connections, but integration tests will need them.

--

"Verbal profession minus moral persistance is self deception."

     Alistair Begg