directory-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: BUG: Apache DS does not work on Windows XP (most likely other forms of windows too)
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 13:15:48 GMT
Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> I've been running into this bug for a while, and it
> looks like an issue with nio on windows.  Here's the
> problem:
>
> C:\Documents and
> Settings\mboorshtei002\Desktop\downloads\apacheds-0.8>java
> -jar
>  apacheds-main-0.8.jar
> server: using default properties ...
> org.apache.ldap.common.exception.LdapConfigurationException:
> Failed to initializ
> e the frontend subsystem! [Root exception is
> java.io.IOException: Unable to esta
> blish loopback connection]

Question:  are you running plain XP or with service packs applied?  The
Subversion folks found that the plain XP has issues in the networking
code that causes things to get jumbled in transit--but that bug was
fixed in the first service pack.

"Verbal profession minus moral persistance is self deception."

     Alistair Begg