directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [kerberos] Adding kerberos to main
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 14:31:08 GMT
Enrique,

The KerberosProtocolProvider constructor takes a KdcConfiguration and a
PrincipalStore argument.  I was adding support for the Kerberos service
to the executable.  This is to get he 0.9 release out with Kerberos.  I
was wondering what implementation of PrincipalStore you were using.  I
basically got stuck when I was instantiating KerberosProtocolProvider.

BTW while going through the code I noticed a few things and had some
concerns regarding our upcoming release.

There is barely any documentation in most of the Kerberos code.
Primarily referring to javadocs and a user guide.  If we are releasing
Kerberos we need some documentation.  In general (this goes for me too)
this project has to do a better job at getting Javadocs done.
Furthermoe we need some sort of user guide similar to the one for the
ldap portion of apacheds.  Here's what I'm referring to exactly:

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/users/index.html

I was asking myself how our users will be able to figure out a means to
configure the kerberos server.   There really is no guide at this point
and we're about to announce that we have a Kerberos server for them
inside ApacheDS.  At a bare minimum before we release we need to
describe all the different environment options.  WDYT?

Thanks,
Alex