directory-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Rudd <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject A couple of general Mina questions
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 20:51:01 GMT
Hey all!

I'm looking to use MINA to do most of my communications between some
daemons.  I want to use the Protocol layer for all of it if at all
possible.

What I'm wondering is what happens when the ByteBuffer my Decoder gets
isn't complete?  Do I need to use CumulativeProtocolDecoder?  Or is
there some other way to do it?

Also has anyone tried using the Datagram functionality for UDP
broadcasts?  I'd love to be able to connect to a broadcast address and
then layer a protocol on top of it.  Just wondering if anyone has
tried this and what (if any) problems you ran into.  Or maybe there
will be more explicit broadcast support in another drop?

Thanks!

--
Justin Rudd
http://seagecko.org/thoughts/