directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Trigoso" <>
Subject ApacheDS with Eclipse/Mevenide
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 09:38:48 GMT

Thank you for all the information. I am still about to integrate the Maven
project into Eclipse, but first sorted out the compilation problems under
Windows XP. I also had the junit test failures initially. I then followed
mainly the instructions by Emmanuel.

1) Installed Maven
2) Installed Cactus plugin
3) Installed Subversion
4) Obtained fresh copy of the project with
svn co
5) Built project with

maven multiproject:install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

6) Started the server with

java -jar apacheds-main-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar

... server started without problems
server: using default properties ...
server: started in 2078 milliseconds

...the server started on port 389... but certainly my Windows CP Firewall is
*disabled*. The ZoneAlarm firewall is configured for previously existing
LDAP servers so it was no problem.

Notes: No problems with the PATH (as this was previously set)
       No problems with MAVEN_HOME or JAVA_HOME also previously set
       No junit errors

Now on to Eclipse...

Thanks again for all the info!