directory-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using Eclipse (and Mevenide) for ApacheDS...
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 02:37:30 GMT
After playing around with this for a while, I finally
got eclipse to report no errors.  Here are the steps I
took (on windows xp):

1.  Installed Maven
2.  Downloaded the source from subversion
3.  Installed the "cactus" plugin for maven
4.  from directory/apacheds/trunk I ran "maven
eclipse".  This created an eclipse project
5.  From inside eclipse I imported an existing
project.  This created a project called "directory"
6.  I created the source folders for core, main and
shared.
7.  I added the following jars to my project:
MAVEN_REPO/directory-shared/jars/ldap-common-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar
MAVEN_REPO/directory-shared/jars/apache-ldapber-provider-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar
MAVEN_REPO/regexp/jars/regexp-1.2.jar
MAVEN_REPO/junit/jars/junit-3.8.1.jar
MAVEN_REPO/jdbm/jars/jdbm-0.20-dev.jar
MAVEN_REPO/commons-io/jars/commons-io-1.0.jar
MAVEN_REPO/antlr/jars/antlr-2.7.2.jar
MAVEN_REPO/ant/jars/ant-1.6.jar
MAVEN_REPO/directory-network/jars/mina-0.7-SNAPSHOT.jar
MAVEN_REPO/directory-protocols/jars/ldap-protocol-0.9-SNAPSHOT.jar

This has the advantage of only using 1 source
repository and is easier to setup if you only plan on
working on a certain part.

I'm still having this issue with starting apacheds on
windows XP, but i'll look into it a bit more.

marc

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/users/index.html