directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Carlos Trigoso" <carlos.trig...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Using Eclipse (and Mevenide) for ApacheDS...
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 17:23:00 GMT
Hi!

I am new to the list. In order to learn I have decided to develop either a
graphical user interface, or a scripting framework for LDAP administration
on top of ApacheDS.

This will be Eclipse-based (as sadly this is the only development platform I
know...)

Has anybody in the list used Eclipse for ApacheDS development? If yes, could
I have some help with the necessary steps to import the source code as an
Eclipse project? I am having trouble understanding all the dependencies of
the code... and what components/libraries I should have in the environment.

I recently installed the Mevenide Eclipse plugin (a Maven plugin)... perhaps
this will help me to handle the ApacheDS project and do the builds... but I
am pretty unsure about this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Carlos Trigoso
12 Harrow Court
Bath Road