directory-dev mailing list archives

From Julien Vermillard <jvermill...@archean.fr>
Subject [MINA] IOConnector.connect & Serial connection
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 10:55:51 GMT
I'm trying to make a first implementation of a SerialConnector

A serial connector connect to a given serial port (COM2 on
windows, /dev/ttsS0 on Unix). In this case the second argument to the
next method (localAddress) doesn't make much sense for me. Should I just
ignore it, or throw some exception if it's not null  ?

    /**
     * Connects to the specified <code>address</code> with timeout.  If
     * communication starts successfully, events are fired to the
specified
     * <code>handler</code>.  This method blocks.
     *
     * @param localAddress the local address the channel is bound to
     * @throws IOException if failed to connect
     */
    IoSession connect( SocketAddress address, SocketAddress
localAddress,
                       int timeout, IoHandler handler ) throws
IOException;

Julien