directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Eclipse (and Mevenide) for ApacheDS...
Date Sun, 01 May 2005 17:39:50 GMT
Hi !

You have choose Eclipse, and you are not alone (sorry, I've no Idea ;-).

I do use eclipse to develop, so I'm using it on ApacheDS. It works
pretty smoothly, but you'll need to set up your env.

1) you have to use 3.0.X version (I suppose that 3.1.0 M6 works, too,
but for compatibility sake, use the current released version)

2) Do NOT use JDK 1.5 for ApacheDS, because it does not work with some
pieces of code (AOP :[ )

3) Install Mevenide, following the doc.

4) Install subclipse, following the doc.

5) Install Maven 1.0.2 (follow the doc, you'll need to create a
MAVEN_HOME environment variable and a ?maven repository - not sure -)

6) Checkout the lastest sources in a separated directory (let's say
<home>/ApacheDS)

7) cd to <home>/ApacheDS/directory/trunk

8) Compile the project
# maven multiproject:install
This will feed the Maven repo

9) Have a coffee. Or two ;)

10) I will send you the .classpath and .project I'm using, it will be
better, you will spare some time ! (as I have to go, you'll get them in
4 hours ...)

11) Enjoy ! And welcome !!!