directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Betts <ch...@pegacat.com>
Subject Re: TLS + SASL external and ACLs.
Date Thu, 05 May 2005 05:50:24 GMT
Hi Folks,

    I'm utterly ignorant about SASL at the server end, but at the client
end all I had to do was write my own ssl socket factory (just extending
the default Sun version) and manually feed it the client cert + key.
At the server end can you do the same sort of trick in reverse and
eavesdrop on the exchange to get the client certificate, and then use
that to authenticate?  I guess I'm only thinking of the SASL external
certificate authentication - I don't know about the other versions...

     Like I say though, I don't know much about the server side of these
things :-)

    - Chris