directory-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Betts <>
Subject Re: I think I've misunderstood Partitions...
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:03:33 GMT

One little question though... how does the Nexus actually create the
ContextPartition objects?  In Danilo's example earlier, he has a
configurable name for his class, so that presumably he can have
different ContextPartition objects with different names using the same
Class - seems fair enough, and I want something similar.

But who creates these objects?  Presumably they must be created so the
root nexus can interrogate them about their suffixes?  How do I create
my ContextPartitions and feed them to ApacheDS?

Or am I missing something?

    thanks again for helping!

   - Chris

On 27/04/2005, at 11:47 AM, David Boreham wrote:

> Chris Betts wrote:
>> Aha!
>> So I extend ContextPartition and implement 'getSuffix()' to return,
>> say, 'chris', and then set 'server.db.partitions=chris' and
>> 'server.db.partitions.suffix.chris=o=chris', and I'm away?
> Yes. You may find some additional wrinkles, such as getting your
> manufactured entries through
> Apache DS schema checking. You may need to add your own schema.

View raw message