directory-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Zago <luca.z...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] Problems with standard java.net Client
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:44:33 GMT
Hi,
I am testing the MINA framework, in particular I am running the
version 0,7-SNAPSHOT.
I wanted only to explore the API so I ran the EchoServer Example, but
I wanted to use a client based on normal java.net socket classes:

 echoSocket = new Socket("localhost", 8080);
            out = new PrintWriter(echoSocket.getOutputStream(), true);
            in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(
                    echoSocket.getInputStream()));
        } catch (UnknownHostException e) {
        } catch (IOException e) {

        }
        BufferedReader stdIn = new BufferedReader(
                new InputStreamReader(System.in));
        String userInput;

        while ((userInput = stdIn.readLine()) != null) {
            out.println(userInput);
            System.out.println("echo: " + in.readLine());
        }
I noticed that he can create a session on the server, but no message
arrive, the message methods on the server has been never called. Does
Mina support standard client? Or is it possible to communicate with it
only with clients built on Mina API?

Thanks,
Luca Zago