directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] Summary of recent changes
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:12:01 GMT
Hey Trustin,

Great to see the ByteBuffer and mem usage changes.  Sadly, been caught
up with other things and the test framework has not gotten above what
I had sent you initially (will re-send in a separate email).  What i
did stumble across was an application protocol test framework, which
has been written in ERLANG.

Good news is that my team out here has successfully implemented an SSL
Connector in MINA.  So now we can use MINA as both an SSL server and
an SSL client.  Still have to review the code myself, before it can be
submitted.  I'll send it across in the second half of next week.

At the same time, we've been trying to find out where exactly the
bottlenecks lie in the Java NIO impl using the profiler.  One hot spot
is the accept() call, which is taking quite a bit of cpu time.  But
the profiler(s) arent behaving too sweetly, and its quite a pain to
find other hot spots.  If you remember, even with connected sessions,
with no activity, CPU was being consumed.

I'm expecting some real good hardware (dual 64-bit), so we'll be able
to do much better tests.

Regards,
Vinod.