directory-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Panicker <vino...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] sumup example question - thread pools
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 06:29:21 GMT
Hi,

Had a question regarding the impl of thread pools in the sumup example.

Basically in the client, I noticed this code -

        IoThreadPoolFilter ioThreadPoolFilter = new IoThreadPoolFilter();
        ProtocolThreadPoolFilter protocolThreadPoolFilter = new
ProtocolThreadPoolFilter();

>From my understanding, both these filters are providing thread pools.
Doesnt it make it unnecessary to use both these filters at the same
time?

Also, IoProtocolConnector is being used to establish the session with
the server.  That already has ProtocolHandler functionality.  Then why
the need for ProtocolThreadPoolFilter?

Regards,
Vinod.