directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Interest in JXPlorer as a subproject of Directory
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:50:18 GMT
Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> combining the 2 would be difficult (though interesting).

So focus on the "interesting" aspects.  :-)

> For one the SQL Directory browser is SWT based, not swing.

So we'd probably want to use the GUI from JXExplorer.  Don't want to get
tied to native code dependencies.

> Second it's JLDAP based, not JNDI.

It might be very interesting to integrate JLDAP support.  There are things
that aren't easily exposed via JNDI.

> As for management, your talking about a lot more then a
> browser for that.

Yup.  Hence scripting.  And the fact that JXExplorer has pluggable
controllers/views should also help make it suitable for providing a
customizable admin interface.

	--- Noel