directory-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Haycock <Robert.Hayc...@mediasurface.com>
Subject RE: Getting my mina handler to work with ldap
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:18:04 GMT
Hi Enrique,

Could you point me at that submission you mentioned, I can't find it on
JIRA.  I'm either blind or stupid (probably the latter, or both).

Rob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Enrique Rodriguez [mailto:erodriguez@apache.org]
Sent: 28 April 2005 20:21
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Getting my mina handler to work with ldap

What does your handler look like?  If you start ServerContextFactory it
starts a MINA registry and the LDAP wire protocol.  To more control what
gets started, and combine them properly, you'll want to use
CoreContextFactory, with is the ApacheDS backing store without MINA,
LDAP, or Kerberos.  From CCF, which implements InitialContextFactory,
you can get an LdapContext and use that to look up keys using the JNDI
API.  Then you can start a MINA ServiceRegistry and the LDAP wire
protocol and work to get SASL/GSSAPI in there.

So, I was picturing SASL/GSSAPI as a MINA filter, along the lines of:
org.apache.mina.io.filter.SSLFilter and supporting classes.

I'd also take a look at the recent JIRA submission on combining LDAP and
SSL ... but it doesn't appear to be working for me.

-enrique