directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] Major change: Per-Session filter chains
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:42:52 GMT
Hi,

As Vinod and Noel's request, I added support for 'per-session filter
chains'.  Besides that, There were some more changes.

1) BaseSession, BaseSessionConfig, and BaseSessionManager is moved to
org.apache.mina.common package which is more adequate.

2) IoSessionManager and ProtocolSessionManager that extends
SessionManager are added.  all getFilterChain() methods of acceptors
and connectors moved there.

3) in-VM pipe cummunication had not been working since I revamped
filter chain interface, and it is fixed now.  Sorry for low coverage!

4) Added more public (or public abstract) classes to help users to
implement their own transport type.

Now let's talk about the per-session filter chain.

You can get the chain by calling session.getFilterChain().  The usage
is identical with acceptor.getFilterChain(), so you'll be able to use
it with zero learning curve.  Adding and removing chains are
thread-safe if and only if you implement all your protocol logic in
your IoHandlers and ProtocolHandlers.  But please note that adding and
removing filters while session is busy is not recommended.  (TLS
should be OK.)

I tested this new MINA by myself, but there might be some issues I
couldn't catch.  Apologies in advance!  ;)

Thank you,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/