directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject [mina] Interesting bench mark result: One Queue vs Three Queues
Date Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:59:08 GMT
Hi,

I ran some benchmark related with MINA thread pool.  I attached the
code, so you could review it.

MINA thread pool uses three queues to buffer three parameters not
creating any event object JavaBeans.  I did because it takes longer to
allocate any extra objects, but here is a new result:

One Queue is 25% faster in sipte of extra object creation.

I ran this benchmark at Sun VM, Windows XP, AMD64 3200+.

Any other guys who can run this benchmark at other environments?

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/