directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trustin Lee <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mina based SMTP Handler
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:19:30 GMT
Hi again,

> 4. TLS support... I saw an example of how MINA does SSL, but is there a
> way to support SMTP's SSL feature of "upgrading" to SSL after we've
> already been exchanging data with the client in plaintext?  I'm not
> explaining this well, but hopefully you know what I mean.

MINA requires Java 5 or above to support SSL because it uses
SSLEngine.  Turning on and off SSL is not supported yet.  We're not
focusing on implementing SSL filter for now.  But I bet we'll be
implementing more robust SSL filters after we test and improve MINA
core.

BTW I didn't subscribe to this mailing list.  Could you CC
dev@directory.apache.org?

Thanks in advance,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/