directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject RE: Interest in JXPlorer as a subproject of Directory
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:53:13 GMT
Looks useful and a good fit conceptually.  I assume this would go through the incubator, where
the following  key questions would be answered, though we should probably gut check before
spending too much time...

1. Are we confident that we can build a development community around this?
2. Are we confident that the IP could all be cleared? (Looks like we would need a grant from
CA.)

Phil

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Alex Karasulu [mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net]
	Sent: Mon 4/25/2005 7:05 AM
	To: dev@directory.apache.org
	Subject: Interest in JXPlorer as a subproject of Directory

	Hi,

	Before officially approaching the PMC, I wanted to see the interest out
	there for adding JXPlorer to Directory as a subproject.  JXPlorer is a
	fat client LDAP GUI.  It compliments ApacheDS very well on the client
	side.  Here's the URL for the product:

	http://jxplorer.org/

	It is under the ASF 1.1 license and is pretty complete and polished.  I
	am willing to mentor this project if there is sufficient user and
	committer based interest in this project comming to the directory
	project.  It's extremely extensible making it an ideal LDAP client admin
	tool for any domain.

	So if you're interested in seeing JXPlorer become a part of directory or
	not let us know.

	Survey of Interest (NOT A VOTE)

	[X]   Yes I would like to see JXPlorer become part of the Apache
	Directory Project
	[   ]   I don't care either way
	[   ]   No I don't think it should become part of the ADP

	I already made my mark.

	Thanks,
	Alex

	P.S.  I am very interested in being able to add scripting to JXPlorer or
	recording to create scripts especially so we can perf test and/or test
	for protocol compliance - I have other personal interests as well.