directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <erodrig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting my mina handler to work with ldap
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 19:20:34 GMT
What does your handler look like?  If you start ServerContextFactory it
starts a MINA registry and the LDAP wire protocol.  To more control what
gets started, and combine them properly, you'll want to use
CoreContextFactory, with is the ApacheDS backing store without MINA,
LDAP, or Kerberos.  From CCF, which implements InitialContextFactory,
you can get an LdapContext and use that to look up keys using the JNDI
API.  Then you can start a MINA ServiceRegistry and the LDAP wire
protocol and work to get SASL/GSSAPI in there.

So, I was picturing SASL/GSSAPI as a MINA filter, along the lines of:
org.apache.mina.io.filter.SSLFilter and supporting classes.

I'd also take a look at the recent JIRA submission on combining LDAP and
SSL ... but it doesn't appear to be working for me.

-enrique