directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [sitedocs] who's ready
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:16:20 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> X - done
>> x - partially done
>> blank - not done
>>
>> [X] ApacheDS
>> [  ] MINA
>> [  ] Authx
>> [  ] Naming
>> [  ] Kerberos
>> [  ] Change Password
>> [  ] Dns
>> [  ] Ntp
>> [  ] Dhcp
>> [ x ] Ldap
>> [ x ] ASN.1
>> [ X ] Main Sitedocs
>> [  ] Clients
>> [  ] ... am I missing anything ???
>>
>> For some of the projects that are in the works we only need an simple
>> single xdoc page like Dns for example.  I think its time to setup the
>> menu so we show a list of protocols or protocol providers somewhere
>> that can be expanded.  Enrique you organized the protocol-providers
>> with the new restructure.  Enrique any thoughts on how we want the
>> menus to look now to reflect this new structure.  You think you could
>> whip up some xdocs and make the necessary menu changes?  Again I can
>> publish it when you are ready.
>

> I'd like to stick a 'Protocol Providers' option in the top nav and
> side nav and move all the protocol providers underneath those,
> including the LDAP wire protocol, in addition to Kerberos, Changepw,
> DNS, and NTP. DHCP is dead until we can get NIO bcast support into
> MINA, probably with JDK 1.6 and JSR 203 "NIO.2".

Sure np.  If you have to keep the top horizontal navigation shorter then
as we discussed on IM you might wanna shrink 'Network Layer (MINA)' to
MINA and 'Protocol Providers' to just protocols or something.

> Q:  Should I really put the option in both menus?

Sure I like the sound of it since we're seeing an explosion now.  Anyhow
you would still have to update all menus if you added NTP, and DNS as
top level peers in the menu.

> I'll do the menu changes and put together an initial page for each of
> the "new" providers, so basically the new nav would look like this:
>
>     <links>
>       <item name="Directory" href="../../index.html"/>
>       <item name="ApacheDS" href="../apacheds/index.html"/>
>       <item name="Naming" href="../naming/index.html"/>
>       <item name="ASN.1" href="../asn1/index.html"/>
>       <item name="AuthX" href="../authx/index.html"/>
>       <item name="Network Layer (MINA)" href="../network/index.html"/>
>       <item name="Protocol Providers"
> href="../protocol-providers/index.html"/>
>     </links>
>
>     <menu name="Apache Directory Server">
>       <item name="Overview" href="/index.html"/>
>       <item name="Features" href="/features.html"/>
>       <item name="Roadmap" href="/roadmap.html"/>
>

> <!-- ... SNIP ... -->
>
>       <item name="ApacheDS Projects" href="/projects/index.html"
> collapse="true">
>         <item name="main" href="/projects/apacheds-main/index.html"/>
>         <item name="core" href="/projects/apacheds-core/index.html"/>
>         <item name="shared" href="/projects/apacheds-shared/index.html"/>
>         <item name="plugin"
> href="/projects/maven-directory-plugin/index.html"/>
>       </item>
>
>       <item name="Protocol Providers"
> href="/protocol-providers/index.html" collapse="true">
>         <item name="LDAP" href="/protocol-providers/ldap/index.html"/>
>         <item name="Kerberos"
> href="/protocol-providers/kerberos/index.html"/>

>       </item>
>
>     </menu>
>
> Q:  Look OK?

Looks good so you are going to stow away LDAP, Kerberos, ChangePW, NTP,
DNS, and DHCP under there.  Fine with me if no one has objections.

Alex