directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: I think I've misunderstood Partitions...
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:47:13 GMT
Chris Betts wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
>    it looks like I've made a blunder; I had thought partitions were
> 'pluggable' back end data stores.

No you are right!

> However it seems that in fact they're just named areas of the default
> database implementation.

Well when you have an entry store it needs to be attached to the
namespace at some point right?  Hence ContextPartition.

>    This is a bit of a pain, as what I want to do is hive off part of
> the namespace and handle it myself using my own code.  I *could* just
> write a jndi provider and use the SEDA front end, but then I'd have to
> do the namespace partitioning myself, and I'd prefer the Root Nexus to
> do that.

Yeah totally the root nexus will do that for you.  Don't mess with
writing a new JNDI provider and using SEDA in general.  FYI MINA is the
new network protocol API we're using.  It's much better.

> So what's the best way forward?  Should I use the Interceptor framework?

See if you can implement a ContextPartition.

>    ... I'm still getting my head around all this :-)

Np :)

Alex