directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Interest in JXPlorer as a subproject of Directory
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:38:27 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:

>Looks useful and a good fit conceptually.  I assume this would go through the incubator,
where the following  key questions would be answered, though we should probably gut check
before spending too much time...

+1

>1. Are we confident that we can build a development community around this?

I think so there is enough interest in this.  I hope there are more
active committers then just Chris but we have an interested community
that could bring more committers to the table.  If not the incubator is
where we can find out if its viable.  I think confidently it is.

Chris can you give us more feedback on the other active committers that
already exist on the project?

>2. Are we confident that the IP could all be cleared? (Looks like we would need a grant
from CA.

Yah I was thinking the same.  The main site looks like CA contributed it
to the sourceforge project but I have no idea what that means.  For
extra protection I think we're going to need a grant from CA for sure.

<snip/>

    - Alex