directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Interest in JXPlorer as a subproject of Directory
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:05:44 GMT
Hi,

Before officially approaching the PMC, I wanted to see the interest out
there for adding JXPlorer to Directory as a subproject.  JXPlorer is a
fat client LDAP GUI.  It compliments ApacheDS very well on the client
side.  Here's the URL for the product:

http://jxplorer.org/

It is under the ASF 1.1 license and is pretty complete and polished.  I
am willing to mentor this project if there is sufficient user and
committer based interest in this project comming to the directory
project.  It's extremely extensible making it an ideal LDAP client admin
tool for any domain.

So if you're interested in seeing JXPlorer become a part of directory or
not let us know.

Survey of Interest (NOT A VOTE)

[X]   Yes I would like to see JXPlorer become part of the Apache
Directory Project
[   ]   I don't care either way
[   ]   No I don't think it should become part of the ADP

I already made my mark.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S.  I am very interested in being able to add scripting to JXPlorer or
recording to create scripts especially so we can perf test and/or test
for protocol compliance - I have other personal interests as well.